My name is Marisol Craig. I am honored to be the newly appointed 9th grade principal at Harrisburg High School. It is our focus at the high school to ensure that your child is receiving an excellent education. Our goal is to prepare your child to be proficient in all major subjects so they can move on to have a successful educational career. It is my responsibility to ensure we are working hard here but teachers and staff cannot accomplish this without you! We need you!
I strongly encourage and welcome you to be part of your child’s education. After all, you are your child’s first teacher! We need you to work collaboratively with us to ensure the best school experience for your child. Therefore, it is critical that you know and understand our vision, the school’s expectations for your child and most importantly you support the learning for your child.
You can support your child and the school by:
- Understanding what your child(ren) MUST know in his or her grade level (grade level expectations and credits needed for graduation)
- Stay in communication with your child’s teachers (ask them questions, ask how your child is progressing, share concerns, be part of the solution, all teachers school email addresses are listed on our website)
- Be active (i.e. volunteer in school, be part of the PTA)
- Ensure your child is attending school each day and ON TIME (time is critical-when students miss school regularly it significantly impacts his or her academics)
- Ensure your child is getting their school work completed.(i.e. check on homework, projects)
These are just a few things that YOU can do that will make an enormous difference! Again, we need you to partner with us to provide the best education possible! Your child deserves it! The Harrisburg High School staff and I look forward to working collaboratively with you and know that with you—we can accomplish anything!
9th Grade Principal