· AEROBIC EXERCISE - is one in which large amounts of oxygen are required
continually for an extended period of time. Aerobic exercise are
vigorous, continually, and rhythmic. Improves cardiorespiratory
· ANAEROBIC EXERCISE – is one in which the
body’s demand for oxygen is greater than what is available during
exertion. Improves muscular strength and endurance.
· ISOMETRIC EXERCISE – is one in which a
muscles tightened for five to eight seconds and there is no body
movement. Pressing the palms of hands together.
· ISOTONIC EXERCISE – is one in which a
muscle moves a moderate amount of weight eight to fifteen times through
total range of motion. Improves muscle strength and endurance.
· ISOKINETIC EXERCISE – is an exercise
using special machines that provide weight resistance through the full
range of motion. Improves muscle strength, endurance, and flexibility.